A few of my favourite feel good movies for duvet days or those days when you need a little pick-me-up. Enjoy!
1. This Is 40 – This movie never fails to make me laugh regardless of how many times I watch it. It’s a spin-off from Knocked Up but I actually like it even better
2. Mamma Mia (the first one) – 100 minutes of total cheesy bliss and, of course, Meryl Streep. To enjoy you absolutely have to ensure you’re not taking it too seriously
Fun fact: I once dragged my boyfriend to a singalong cinema showing of Mamma Mia in New York and, honestly, it was one of my favourite nights ever
3. Julie & Julia – A lighthearted film about two women making their dreams happen – it always gives me a little pick-me-up and makes me feel so motivated
4. The Hundred Foot Journey – This just completely warmed my heart. I watched the movie after reading the book and loved the movie adaptation equally as much which is pretty rare
5. I Feel Pretty – I just love anything with Amy Schumer in it! When I was recovering from my miscarriage I pretty much had her movies on rotation for those days when I felt totally sh*t. This is a must watch for those days when your self esteem is a bit low.
6. Sleepless In Seattle – Do feel good movies come any better than the Tom Hanks / Meg Ryan combo? I think not! This is my particular favourite
7. Bridesmaids – Easy watching belly laughs for when you need to switch off
8. Always Be My Maybe – Ali Wong is my new hero and I absolutely loved this movie. Keanu Reeves’ eccentric appearance just made it for me.
9. Pride & Prejudice – I used to watch this with friends on an all-too-regular basis when hungover. Some of the acting leaves a little to be desired but it’s such a classic romantic story that just makes you feel happy. I may actually need to go watch it again right now
10. Bridget Jones’ Diary – A movie that obviously needs no introduction. I rediscovered this recently having not watched it for YEARS and it’s firmly back on my regular watch list
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE