I’M STACY. TRAVELLER, DESIGNER, ADVENTURE LOVER AND CHOCOLATE ADDICT
I have wanted to travel for almost as long as I can remember. When I was first out of uni, I spent hours sitting at my desk in a grey office, dreaming of quitting and jumping on a plane to some unknown destination.
But instead I spent another 7 years, working in that corporate job and feeling as though I wanted to die inside.
Until a two-week trip to Thailand in 2013 changed all that.
Leaving Thailand I knew without a doubt that I had to travel. So I got home, worked my ass off, paid off my debts and saved as much money as I could and in January 2015, set off on the trip of my dreams.
Since then I have lived in Thailand and New Zealand and spent 8 blissful months exploring Southeast Asia. And I’m not finished yet.
I’m currently travelling indefinitely, along with my boyfriend Dom and this year alone we have plans to spend summer in the US and winter in China and Russia.
At some point along the way I realised that travel wasn’t just a one-off thing for me. What I wanted was a complete lifestyle change. One that gave me more control over my life and allowed me to travel whenever and wherever I wanted.
And so our website design business, Little Gypsy Media was born.
We love slow travel, usually choosing to stay in each place for at least a month at a time before moving on. And given the huge amount of places I have on my bucket list, I’m guessing it will take me an entire lifetime to get around them all.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PAST TWO YEARS
- Spending a grueling four weeks training in a Muay Thai gym in Bangkok;
- Riding a scooter along deserted mountain roads alongside the Thai/Burmese border;
- Zip-lining through the rainforest in Laos;
- Celebrating Songkran in Laos;
- Canyoning in Dalat, Vietnam;
- Climbing Mount Fansipan, the biggest mountain in Indochina;
- Watching sunrise over the temples of Bagan in Burma;
- Seeing Orang Utans in Borneo;
- Lying on the most amazing beach I have ever seen in Pulau Tioman;
- Drinking champagne beside the World’s highest infinity pool in Singapore;
- Doing a 2 week road trip around New Zealand’s South Island in a campervan;
- Doing a road trip around the Mae Hong Son Loop in Northern Thailand;
- Rum tasting at a tiny distillery in Thailand’s Isaan Province;
- Experiencing the magical Loi Krathong festival in Chiang Mai;
- Setting up my own business; and
- Seeing my family and friends back home after nearly 2 years away.